Sunday, November 15, 2015

General Tso Chicken, Broccoli, & Brown Rice

I chose to use the slow cooker this week, but you can bake your chicken and broccoli together in the oven.  This was a crowd pleaser with no leftovers.


INGREDIENTS

Boneless skinless chicken breast/tenderloins
1 12oz. jar General Tso sauce
1/2 cup water
1 12oz. bag of frozen broccoli
1-2 cups brown rice - precooked/instant/your preference


DIRECTIONS

I used boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins, but you can sub in whole chicken breast or thighs.  I use 6-7 tenderloins for my family.  The General Tso sauce is from Aldi.  Pour half the bottle over the chicken.  Add 1/2 cup of water in the slow cooker.  Cover and cook on medium heat for 4 hours.


I steamed the broccoli in the bag in the microwave for two minutes.  We used the leftover "Mexican" rice from the previous night's dinner.  The rice is only flavored with salt, pepper, and diced tomatoes for color.


After the broccoli is done steaming, add them to the chicken. Pour the rest of the jar in with the chicken and broccoli.  Serve over rice.

3 comments:

  1. My family loves this too!!! I have to try to get used to the flavor of brown rice. Happy week to you

    ReplyDelete